FHE Health was honored to receive the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce’s “Large Business of the Year” Award, at a luncheon at the Wyndham Deerfield Beach, on Friday, December 9, 2022. The third annual Community Heroes Awards ceremony, hosted by the Chamber of Commerce’s Deerfield Beach Council, recognizes a small, select number of individuals and organizations for their outstanding contributions to the community.
In a statement on its Facebook page publicizing the event, the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce said why it was recognizing FHE Health with the award. It noted that FHE had “demonstrated leadership in the community with an emphasis on corporate responsibility, substantially contributing to Deerfield Beach’s economic vitality.”
“It’s both humbling and a real honor to be recognized in this way,” FHE Health Chief Operations Officer Rami Sleiman, MBA, CHC, said after the awards ceremony. “We’ve had the privilege of serving the Deerfield Beach community and greater South Florida for over 20 years, and we hope we can continue to be a trusted treatment resource to families with mental health and addiction needs.”
What Is the “Large Business of the Year” Award?
What is the Large Business of the Year Award? A list of Heroes Awards and recipients on the Chamber of Commerce website provides this information: “The Large Business of the Year honoree demonstrates leadership in the community with an emphasis on corporate responsibility. The honoree substantially contributes to economic vitality and provides a corporate culture that enhances the lives of its employees.”
Other Recipients of 2022 Community Heroes Awards
In addition to “Large Business of the Year” FHE Health, other recipients of the Community Heroes Awards included:
- “Small Business of the Year” LAN Infotech
- “Young Leader of the Year” Nicole Loughlin, Esq.
- “Business Leader of the Year” Todd Wolf
- “Non-Profit/Civic Organization of the Year” The Deerfield Beach Historical Society
- “Person of the Year” Rick Tobin
How FHE Health Serves Its Community
FHE Health serves the South Florida community in a variety of ways, such as:
- sponsoring and organizing recovery-focused events
- volunteering in toy drives and other service events, via an active Alumni Program
- donating seed money and organizing fundraisers to train more therapy dogs for Broward County first responders
- serving as a teaching institution for the next generation of health care providers, through FHE’s many local educational affiliations