These days, sometimes, it is hard to tell if you’re an addict or just a normal member of society. Alcohol is all around us all the time. It’s in our houses, in our churches, but even if it’s not there we find the stuff at our workplaces. It’s like the production of the television show, Mad Men opened up the space for every new tech company or law firm to have their very own fully stocked bar, and don’t forget about the kegerators on the side. It’s just hard to get away from. People are always going out for happy hour, or sitting down to dinner, a playdate, brunch with a bottle of wine or champagne. It’s more than just a drink, it’s a whole culture.
Be Honest with Yourself
But we know how detrimental excessive consumption of alcohol is. And you want to know if you’re crossing the line from social drinking into addictive behavior. Here are some things to ask yourself.
- How long can you go without feeling desperate for a drink?
- Do you get more than angry lately? Do you feel rage if someone threatens your ability to get a drink?
- Are you having more trouble sleeping than usual? If you’re drinking before bed it can have a negative impact on the way you sleep and when you enter REM.
- Do you abandon responsibility? If you’re forgetting to do important things or have become undependable to the friends and loved ones who need you most, because you’re distracted by drinking, or were passed out due to drinking, you should get help.
- Are you worried about your physical health due to how much you’ve been drinking?
If, after reading these questions, you feel like you may be an alcoholic, call us today at (855) 441-2449 for help. We can walk you through our South Florida drug detox and rehab treatment recovery programs and help you find the hope within you to starting down the path toward a healthy and sober life.