Ohio Police Officer Suffers Accidental Fentanyl Overdose

Ohio Police Officer Suffers Accidental Fentanyl Overdose

A police officer in East Liverpool, Ohio, collapsed after accidentally inhaling a small amount of dangerously potent drug Fentanyl last week. The officer was rushed to a local hospital and treated for opioid overdose. The Fentanyl entered the officer’s body after he brushed the powder off of his uniform.

Local authorities caution: “His wife, kids and his dog could be confronted with it and boom, they’re dead. This could never end.”

After trying to ditch the evidence, East Liverpool Captain Patrick Wright told CNN affiliate WKBN. “There was white powder on the seat, on the floor, on the guys’ shoes, and on his clothing.” Tragically the police officer was unaware of the trace amounts of the toxic substance.

“Fentanyl is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine and 30 to 50 times more potent than heroin. Just a quarter of a milligram — a few granules — can kill you.”

The officer said he could feel his body shutting down shortly after inhaling the substance. East Liverpool Police Chief John Lane told CNN, “This is scary. He could have walked out of the building and left and he could have passed out while he was driving. You don’t even know it’s there on his clothes.”

All It Takes Is One Negative Experience To End Your Life

Every day, individuals across the country succumb to opioid addiction. 33,000 people died from Opioids in 2015 alone, according to the Center for Disease Control. Gambling with your life is no way to life.

Whether you’re a teenager coping with frustration, an adult overwhelmed by the daily grind, or a elderly person who fell victim to opioid addiction, drugs and alcohol never provide the solution to life’s problems.

Personalized substance abuse care is available 24/7 at our state-of-the-art clinic. Call 866-421-6242 to speak with one of our qualified addiction counselors. Take control of your life today.

Are You A love On Struggling With Addiction? Click Here To Get Help Today!

Read the full article at CNN.com.