Global Supply of Illegal Drugs At All Time High

It’s bad news all around for those interested in seeing an end to illegal drugs. The 2018 World Drug report published by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime found that the global supply of heroin and cocaine is at the highest it’s ever been, and other illegal drugs, such as opioids, have been spreading not just in North America, but in other parts of the world as well. Asia and Africa are both targets for the expanding illegal opioid trade. Additionally, 450,000 people worldwide died in 2015 to drug use; 40% of these deaths were from direct use of drugs, such as overdoses, while the other 60% was from indirect causes, like HIV and Hepatitis C from used needles.

If you know someone who needs help with detoxing and getting free of heroin, cocaine, or opioid addiction, give us a call at (866) 236-0845.


Supplies of cocaine in 2016 and opium from 2016 to 2017 hit their highest ever recorded levels, according to the 2018 World Drug report released by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) on Tuesday.

Non-medical use of prescription drugs, such as fentanyl, are also becoming a major threat to public health, increasingly contributing to overdose deaths, particularly in the United States.

Globally, deaths from drug use reached an estimated 450,000 in 2015. Nearly 40% of those deaths resulted from the direct result of drug use — primarily overdoses from opioids. The remaining 60% of those deaths were attributable to the indirect use of drugs, such as HIV and Hepatitis C obtained from unsafe injections. Continue Reading at CNN

Contact Us Today

We are available 24/7 to answer your questions and concerns. Fill out the form below to begin your journey towards recovery today!
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.