Holistic health encompasses more than just the body. When taken as a whole, people need to reach for wellness physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Spiritual health is difficult to define but can lead to a better sense of purpose and belonging. When all aspects of health are in balance, it becomes easier to find joy in everyday life.
So, what is spiritual health? In general, spirituality is the ability to have faith and recognize the connections between you and the people around you. Ready for a spiritual health quiz?
Why Is Spiritual Health Important?
A sense of connection is a major tool for those in recovery. Some studies show that one of the leading causes of addiction is the inability to form healthy connections with other people. When people can connect openly and with security, the need to seek pleasure and stimulation from chemical sources diminishes. Take this spiritual health quiz to find out more about spirituality in daily life. There’s no specific science to spiritual health, but more and more researchers are recognizing the importance of connection in long-term rehabilitation. Answer each question below, then expand the explanation to understand how your response is important.
1. Do you have a well-defined faith or set of beliefs?
2. Do you regularly commune with a higher power or spend time on meditation?
3. Do you sometimes feel hopeless or alone?
4. Do you have a clear sense of how you contribute to society?
5. Do you have a strong and supportive network of friends and mentors?
6. Have you researched different religious beliefs to find the one that speaks most clearly to you?
7. Can you separate spirituality from religion?
If you are struggling with spiritual health and need help finding resources or defining the problem, give us a call today at (844) 299-0618. Our compassionate team of counselors is always available to program alumni or those who may need a little extra help during sober living. We are always ready to help with a holistic approach to health.