Many addicts have to hit rock bottom before they begin searching for help. Some discover the problem before it consumes their lives. Answering a few questions can help you discover if you need addiction help.
1. Have you ever felt like you drink too much and need to cut down?
2. Do the people around you complain about how much you drink?
3. Do you ever feel guilty about your drinking?
4. Do you hide your drinking or how much you are drinking from the people around you?
5. Do you feel the need to drink first thing in the morning to be able to face the day?
6. Do you ever loose time because of a drinking binge?
7. Have you lost relationships because of your drinking habits?
8. Have you neglected things that are important to you because of your drinking?
9. Have you been arrested for driving under the influence?
10. Have you ever been arrested in relationship to your actions while you were drinking?
Answering yes to three or more of these questions often signals an addiction problem. You will be able to begin finding the help you need once you recognize your addiction.