Louisville Family’s Son Overdoses in the Middle of Writing a Sentence
The family of a young Louisville family is attempting to pick up the pieces after their son died of an overdose just hours before he was scheduled to begin rehab. Adam Cooley, just 27 years of age, was found overdosed in his bed after his last bender went horribly wrong.
A commonly occurring trend, Adam planned on one last hit before the morning – only this hit was laced with Fentanyl. Hours later, his parents found him in the morning after starting what was to-be his final communication, a letter declaring his commitment to getting clean.
The letter is as follows:
I want to express my upmost gratitude on assisting me to getting into the Healing place on so quick of a notice. I was told there was a 6 month waiting list but you somehow worked your magic and got me admitted within a day. I honestly think I would be dead or in jail if it weren’t for your gentle, caring, loving soul. I promise that I will take every ounce of my energy and strength
Because of Adam’s sudden death, the letter stops there.
Don’t let Addiction Ruin Your Family’s Life
Sadly, addiction stories like Adam’s are not uncommon. Too many people have suffered unspeakable losses due to drug addiction. That’s why at the Florida House Experience, we are dedicated to helping every person and family struggling with drugs, alcohol, or mental health issues get on the path to recovery and good health.
Our innovative Neuro-Rehabilitative Therapy program enables our medical team to re-train patient’s minds to exist without the harmful effects of drug and alcohol. We employ science-grounded and evidence-based therapies, superlative medical care, and comprehensive wellness programs to help adults of all ages achieve life-long recovery from drugs and alcohol.
Take control of your life. Get help today. Call 866-421-6242 to speak with one of our qualified addiction counselors.
To Learn More About Opioid Treatment Click Here.
Read the full story at Courier-Journal.com