Am I At Risk?
Florida drug rehab helps hundreds of people reach sobriety each year and if you know the signs early you might be able to get preventative care before an addiction starts. At Florida drug rehab you will learn about what addiction is, how it can be prevented, how it can progress and the risk factors associated with it. Do you have a family history of drug and alcohol abuse? Do you have a family history of mental health illness? Are you male? Have you been a victim of childhood neglect, abuse, trauma, violence and/or sexual abuse? There isn’t a clear cut answer as to what causes drug and alcohol abuse but there are some factors that can support the road towards addiction. Risk factors, which you’ll learn more about at Florida drug rehab, alone do not mean that someone will develop an addiction. However intervening in situations where children are experiencing these risk factors can dramatically decrease their chances of developing an addiction.
Some important risk factors of addiction include:
- Early aggressive behavior
- Lack of parental supervision
- Drug Availability
Am I Addicted?
If you’re engaging in drinking or using drugs before attending Florida drug rehab but aren’t too sure if you’re addicted you might want to take a step back and self analyzing your behaviors. If you are binge drinking, before entering Florida drug rehab, then the reasons why do not mean that you’re not addicted. You might have a very good reason why you want to drink your mind into oblivion to heal some deep rooted pain but that pain in itself does not make the actions – not an addiction. In active addiction you will convince yourself that your addictive behaviors are normal and that you just need another hit (drink) and you’ll be fine. At Florida drug rehab you will also learn how to stop getting in your own way of recovery. At Florida drug rehab you will learn what addiction symptoms and behaviors look, act, and feel like.
Florida drug rehab drug addiction symptoms or behaviors include:
- Feeling that you have to use the drug regularly — this can be daily or even several times a day
- Failing in your attempts to stop using the drug
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of the drug
- Spending money on the drug, even though you can’t afford it
- Doing things to obtain the drug that you normally wouldn’t do, such as stealing
- Feeling that you need the drug to deal with your problems
- Driving or doing other risky activities when you’re under the influence of the drug
- Focusing more and more time and energy on getting and using the drug
- Convincing yourself and others that you don’t need a Florida drug rehab because you don’t have an addiction.
If you or someone you know is need of Florida Drug Rehab, please give us a call at 1-866- 421 – 6242.