Columbia Student Overdose Death Not Discovered for Five Days

Columbia University

Student ODed in Dorm, Body Not Found for Five Days

Columbia University student Gage Bellitto died alone of an overdose in his dorm room three days before Christmas. His body wasn’t found for five days.

As reported by the Inquisitr, Bellitto died in his Ivy League dorm room in the affluent halls of Columbia University–after an overdose of what were thought to be illegally purchased opioids.

Kyle Bellitto, Gage’s mother, and Glenn Bellitto, his father, are both Harvard graduates and work in the areas of law and finance. They live in a well-respected community with an average income exceeding $200,000 annually. This is a tiny window into the way that the opioid epidemic has transcended stereotypical demographics.

According to interviews with the New York Post, Bellitto had shown symptoms of an ongoing problem with substance abuse all through his high school years, and his friends reported that he regularly manipulated doctors in order to gain prescriptions to scheduled medications that he didn’t necessarily need. This included everything from stimulant medications used for attention deficit disorder and anti-anxiety medications used to treat severe symptoms of anxiety and insomnia.

Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction, lying to yourself and others? Don’t wait any longer to ask for help. In today’s environment, you never know when your next dose will be your last!

Our Neuro Rehabilitation approach helps address the root causes of addiction once and for all.

To read more about how addiction claimed the life of a Columbia University student, please visit

Contact Us Today

We are available 24/7 to answer your questions and concerns. Fill out the form below to begin your journey towards recovery today!
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.